Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Yoga for Athletes

Subbed again last night and had a really great class. I think I am going to start teaching Yoga for Athletes Saturday mornings at 10:30 a.m.

The yoga class will follow a group cycling class which is perfect because I have been wanting to start teaching what I will call: SAVY (Spinning and Vinyasa Yoga). This will be a double-header style so an hour of each.

When I hopefully start teaching SAVY I think I will do 30-45 minutes of spinning and then maybe 45 of yoga. Ideally the workout will be 90 minutes--so it can vary on how to divide the time up.

038

Focus will be on counterbalancing the body---equanimity. The yoga will strengthen and lengthen and open the areas that spinning doesn't touch or counteracts.

Super excited to try this out. When I was spinning and yogaing regularly (spinning
3x week and yoga 5-6x), I must say my body was in top form. I felt strong and agile and lean.

Now I just need to find a way to turn my daytime law job to a part-time law job in order to take the health and fitness stuff up a notch!

No comments:

Post a Comment