Thursday, April 9, 2009

What a week

This has been one of those weeks where I feel as though I am having an out-of-body experience. I keep waiting to wake up from this overly realistic dream and realize, with relief, that things are as they should be. Sadly, this is not the case. My week is more real than I like to acknowledge.

As I write I am also listening to a song entitled: "The Girl With the Weight of the World in Her Hands." A verse mentions glass half empty versus half full. I can happily say that although there have been moments this week where I felt like the weight of the world was in my hands, I have kept an open mind and continued to see my situation in the half full light.

My yoga practice is a main component of my ability to remain positive and calm and present in this week of emotional turbulence and life crisis. Practicing yoga on my mat and in daily life has allowed me to find myself and I am well on my way to embracing my true, authentic self. I have developed the fortitude to survive situations that I previously believed would cripple me. I can laugh at the absurdities of life and just shake my head when the inexplicable and seemingly impossible happens.

Yoga led me to new friends and has opened my heart to self-love. Yoga has warmed my weathered soul and allowed me to realize that I am perfect just by being present. And when my world gets tense and I begin to struggle, all I have to do is turn to my breath and go to my symbolic mat and escape to a place where I honor my true self and let go of the ego and attachments and expectations and societal norms that previously paralyzed me and prevented me from enjoying existing.

Foudn this through Nadine Fawell and it is from Jaimal Nikos Yogis. Expresses what i was trying to much more beuatifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment